Monday, December 13, 2010

Why I Love Being a Raft Guide - By Dallas Smith

"Wearing sandals and shorts, we arrive at work in one of the most majestic places in the country. We experience the thrill and beauty of the river by maneuvering through its current and basking in the sun. With each new trip, we provide this once-in-a-lifetime experience to a group of guests. Anyone with us will be absolutely stoked by their experience, telling friends and family about it for years. Immortalized as an adventure expert...a raft guide not only gets to do this all the time, we get paid to do it all the time."



I've been a raft guide for quite a while now, and I'm still in love with my job just as much as I was my first day I saw a raft. I love being a raft guide because my coworkers are a group of the coolest adventurers you could find in the world. I love being a raft guide because my customers are happy because they're on vacation or out trying to have fun (not mad about their transmission problems) I love being a raft guide because I want to see people happy (me included) I love being a raft guide because.....well because it's one of the most unique jobs there is. Not only do I get to "work" with the most amazing and wide spread group of people, I also get a chance to have the best office anyone could ask for....heck, you're living the good life when you know some of our wild mustangs better than your neighbors at home!

Dallas Smith, Desert Voyagers Lead Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment